Sunday, June 30, 2013

camino: garden state

This tsukemen shop is located in Mishuku, Setagaya ward. The shop appearance is like a small cafe. 

Hearts and I got the ajitama yasai tsukemen - cooked vegetable dip noodles with exquisite seasoned egg (translation is more or less correct).


Ajitama yasai tsukemen (1150yen)

This bowl really surprised us, because there was a lot of veggies. Zucchini, squash, greens, etc. A little pricey, but think of it like a plate lunch served at a fancy cafe. It looked like a bagna cauda! Sounds healthy, huh?


Also, the bowl consisted of just 100g of noodles, which means that half of the bowl is all veggies (and delicious egg).

Actually, I have mixed feelings every time I eat ramen. I'm satisfied, but on the other hand, I am a lady! I care about calories. 

However, I enjoyed the bowl this time without any guilt (well, almost any guilt).




The rich tonkotsu-gyokai broth went well with both noodles and various veggies. And the soup wari at the end had lots of ginger for a sweet finish.


A bowl (plate?) that's filling and which both men and women can enjoy.

Tokyo, Setagaya, Mishuku 2-11-33

Closest stn: Ikenoue or Ikejiri-ohashi (about a 10 min walk from either)

Open from 1130am-230pm and 5-10pm (closed Monday and every 3rd Tuesday)

Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment