Thursday, August 25, 2016

ばいこうけん 東京 Baikoken Tokyo: drinking buddies

Whenever I finish my work, I really want to eat ramen as a reward for the day. I was walking around Marunouchi and I found this shop in front of Tokyo station. Baikoken is from Asahikawa, Hokkaido, a region that specializes in shio ramen, but they've spread out to Tokyo and even Taiwan, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

Shoyu ramen (750yen)

I ordered the shoyu. I didn't expect a lot since the staff wasn't smiling and was pretty cold to the customers. The bowl itself wasn't bad, but didn't have any vivid character. The original shop probably has a different taste.

I've described this bowl negatively, but the shop has a lot of other things going for it, including every kind of ramen (shio, shoyu, miso, limited-time bowls), a lot of appetizers, and many kinds of drinks. If I could drink, I would probably come here to share some appetizers and have some ramen on the side. The menu also has a cute, painterly touch that probably captures the spirit of the main branch.


Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Marunouchi 2-7-2
Closest stn: Tokyo

Open from 11am-11pm

Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment