Wednesday, August 21, 2013

麵屋 翔 Sho: fo' sho

I'm always craving oishii ramen and my co-worker wanted me to take her on a mini-ramen tour. After a tiring day of work, we wanted something light and not fatty.

We chose Sho.


Despite it being 7pm on a weekday, the seats were all full. A sure early sign that this shop is loved by many.

I chose the special shio...

Tokusei shio ramen (950yen)

...and my coworker ordered a limited-time gentei: gazpacho ramen with summer vegetables.

Gentai gazpacho ramen (900yen)

The appearance of these bowls are beautiful. The soup is very simple, but deep and rich. You can really taste the toppings because of this simplicity, and the giant piece of chashu actually tasted sweet despite its fattiness.


The noodles weren't outstanding, but the soup (and flavor) clung to them well. This is a bowl that is very kind to the tongue.


I only had a couple bites, but my co-worker's bowl was amazing. Sea lettuce was kneaded into the noodle dough, and paired with the cold tomato soup, the entire bowl had an appearance and consistency of a cold pasta.

The staff was very, very friendly and caring. They came back to check on us, asking us if we needed paper aprons or how we liked the taste. They talked to other customers in this way too, and people seemed to be really happy.

I really like friendly, bustling shops like this one.


Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Nishi-Shinjuku 7-22-34
Closest stn: Shinjuku

Open from 11am-3pm and 6-10pm

Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment