Monday, September 2, 2013

さっぽろ純連 Sapporo Junren: hot water

It's getting cooler (just a little) and the smell of fall is coming. Hearts and I were looking for a ramen which warm us.

Here comes Sapporo Junren, straight from Hokkaido, famous for its miso (soy bean paste) ramen, right in the heart of Takadanobaba, one of the ramen meccas of Tokyo.


I chose the miso ramen...

Miso ramen with flavored egg (950yen)

...Hearts got the miso ramen with corn and butter...

Miso ramen w/ corn and butter (950yen)

...and a special friend from LA chose the spicy miso.

Spicy miso ramen (950yen)

It was as hot and steamy as the legends told. The vegetables were sweet and the soup was rich and heavy.

 
The first sip has great impact, but I felt the bowl become gradually too heavy for my stomach and I got thirsty by the end. The soup is strong, but not as creamy as I expected. Good, but a perfect bowl of miso.


Most of the time, the ramen soup becomes lukewarm by the time you get to the end of the bowl, but here, the soup stayed piping hot until the end.


I think I'll be craving this bowl come winter.


Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Takadanobaba 3-12-8 Takadanobaba Center Bldg. 1F
Closest stn: Takadanobaba

Open from 11am-1035pm 

Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment